tools of procrastination part 2

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the cold is going to my head

From icy weather


since we've had such crap weather lately, i've had plenty of time to spend worrying about important things. for instance, i've come to notice all of my little quirks recently, like following a very strict morning routine. i'm such an absent-minded moron that if i don't do everything in a certain order, i'll end up getting out of the shower with conditioner still in my hair or leaving the house without deodorant. a couple of my closest friends were actually pretty surprised to learn that about me. it's funny even to me that i need such specific patterns of behavior to keep my life organized, but at the same time i need change in my life every few months or i go crazy.

i've also come to realize just how much my life is reflected in the films i watch. two examples: legends of the fall and stomp the yard. much like brad pitt's character tristan, i too am my parents' middle and favorite child who is destined to be a legend. and then who could forget the time i fought a bear and when i travelled around the world on a sailboat. still, i could closely relate to the main character in stomp the yard, dj. i also tragically lost a sibling during a fight immediately following a dance off. fortunately, i had the luck of being courted by two of my university's most respected greek organizations because of my dancing skills. battling in step competitions is challenging because they don't really give me the freedom to incorporate all of my street style, but a the same time, it's more rewarding than i would've ever imagined. i hope you too have the blessing of seeing your life mirrored on the big screen.

enough idiocy for now...

2 Comments:

  • dude, you must lay off that austin grass.

    pray that Artic Blast 2007 is over by next weekend so i can drive to austin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

  • oh i forgot, that was me that just wrote that comment

    -orly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home