tools of procrastination part 2

Monday, January 08, 2007

i am a HUGE dork

those of you that know me personally are well aware of innumberable examples of that fact. however, i'd like to share some of the most recent evidence that has come to light. perhaps in chronological order?

1. i went rock climbing. i know what you're thinking. "that's not dorky, that's adventurous and brave and awesome." you would be right in any case other than mine. i wore my rosie the riveter shirt, the irony of which my companion was more than happy to point out to me as i almost cried about COMING BACK DOWN. going up i wasn't so much scared, but the whole leaning all the way back and trusting the guy on the ground (who had been playing with his cell phone and asking me how his arms looked) thing just wasn't working for me at first. i got over it, but looked like a complete moron for about 10 minutes of it. anyway, it was fun and i'd love to find someone new (since the man that introduced me to it has moved far away) that can take me again and provide me gear and make sure i don't die. any takers?

2. i talked my family into making brussell sprouts with christmas dinner. i actually requested and then pestered for them to be added to the delicious menu of prime rib. de-lish and l-ame.

3. tess and i went shooting at an indoor range today. being the cool girl that i am, i had to go for the 9 millimeter. sounds powerful and assertive, yes? no. not when the casings fly back and hit you in the face and leave little black circles of soot all over your face. and most definitely not when one flies back and hits you in the chest and leaves a burn so bad that you get a blister. honestly though, i kinda hope it scars. how kick ass would it be to say i got the scar from shooting my 9? no? ok, maybe not.

4. pretty much none of my jokes are funny. they're just dumb. which begs the question, why do people laugh at me? (no answer needed, think i just figured that one out.)

that's all for now. there are some big things in the works for me right now. possibly getting on an inter-faith committee focused on social justice (workers' rights, immigration, etc.) and then something else that may be the biggest decision i've ever made. don't want to jinx myself though by throwing it all out there. just keep your fingers crossed for me.

i promise to update more often than i have been. just trying not get on here and right about work and all of that depression.

wish you all well!

2 Comments:

  • remember when we were friends ? i do. we should hang out and you should call me.

    and im not trying to be a smart ass, but you should check the grammar in your last sentence. it is rather poor for an english teacher.

    love.kevin

    By Blogger kevinscott, at 9:19 PM  

  • ahahahhaha darling you are not a dork, im pretty sure i laughed 10 times while reading this entry. good luck with the unmentionable important decision, you adorable tiny person you.

    By Blogger Diane, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home