tools of procrastination part 2

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

i work in a cube

which first of all is something i thought i'd never do. but on top of this, my work thinks that they are creative by calling our cubicles "pods" and that just creeps me out. ok, just needed to get that out.

yesterday and today i realized that there is one thing that is going to DRIVE ME CRAZY at work. no, it isn't all of the drug addicted crazies that want to tell me their life stories. it's the girl in the pod across from me. every 1.35 minutes she makes this insanely irritating, absolutely disgusting guttural noise. it's like she's clearing her throat, except instead of phlegm she has a tiny troll lodged behind her larnyx and he's putting up one hell of a fight. i don't know that this sound can be adequately represented by the characters of the english language, but it's something like cggdggggghuuuuuuuuuughx (the x being silent). yeah, that definitely does not do it justice. IT'S DISGUSTING!

everytime she does it i gag and sometimes throw up a little in my mouth. and that can't be good for my esophagus. i asked someone if this was an ongoing thing, and she told me that the chick only does it during allergy season. in case you're not from austin, allergy season lasts about 12 months a year, so that's awesome.

2 Comments:

  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHA oh god martha i'm so sorry...

    By Blogger Diane, at 7:42 PM  

  • "in the pod across from me" - aaaaahaahha - way to implement the language of those in authority

    By Blogger jasembera, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home