tools of procrastination part 2

Monday, September 05, 2005

like that's what i'm about

the past two days have been relatively lovely. yesterday afternoon i returned from a sometimes awkward but generally beautiful trip to college station that made me truly appreciate lubbock weather. i waited happily outside the airport in 80-something degree weather with a nice cool/dry breeze. if i could find a place with austin's aura and lubbock's weather, i would be in utter bliss. i'm very ready for fall to bring it's changing leaves and argile sweaters...but that's another post.

last night we celebrated my dad's 50th year on this amazing place and i thoroughly enjoyed stuffing myself with food, drinks and friends. i could not be more thankful for that phenomenal man. ever. after the party i partook in some crappy movie watching/much needed hugging with my womens. again, persons without whom my life would not and could not be the same.

today, my sister and i made the trip to plainview to submit my 3-week grade check. she was immeasurably helpful and kept me from bursting into tears of frustration by difusing the situation with laughter. some of my kids will be pleased with themselves this week and others will rue the day they were placed in the evil ms. mahan's english class. grammar tests shall abound.

tonight i discovered old track habits die hard. i hadn't run on an actual track in years, but all the same rules apply and it still feels like home. it was refreshing, even though tess completely put me to shame. thankfully, she made up for it by asking me to be her date to her brother's wedding. a hardy party? why yes, i do believe i will attend.

the other huge highlight of yesterday: catching up with dearest jen. a trip to san fransisco with flowers in my hair is definitely in the works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home