tools of procrastination part 2

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

as per your request

15 papers (one of which is a major research paper), 10 exams, 3 group projects, 3 translations a week, a few quizzes interspersed, 1 lab and 20 hours of work per week. oh, and the GRE at least once. that's how my semester is adding up so far.

but you know what, i'm not gonna bitch about it or say i hate school. the way i see it, each paper, each test, each project brings me one step closer to my calling in life. this time next year i'll be doing what i've dreamed of for years. (as long as the state of texas allows funding for my job.) i have the opportunity to commit my life to the service and improvement of others. i get to tell kids that they're worth something, they aren't stupid and they control their path in life.

on top of all that, i get to partake in something experienced by only 1% of the world. it's easy for us to forget how incredibly lucky we are to be in college. forget grades all together. i get to learn and exercise my mind on a daily basis. all of this is helping me become a better person and member of society.

even more, i have a job that allows me to pay my bills, buy my food, put a roof over my head and put gas in my car.

too often we college students like to complain about being busy. as though being 18-23 gives us a right to be lazy. it's life and we should embrace it as a gift. all of it. so i thank God that i have something to do from the time i get up to the time i go to bed at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home