tools of procrastination part 2

Thursday, May 18, 2006

a little of this, a little of that

good: my kiddddddddds. one girl made me a pot in ceramics and wrote a lovely lovely note to accompany it. two girls wrote one last journal entry (not required) just so that i would read them and said nice things about me. children wrote on my board that they will miss me. babies keep asking if i will PLEASE get myspace so they can keep in touch next year. boys told me they're going to make a banner that reads "miss mahan, where are you?" i've been invited back to visit. number of times i've nearly cried in class: 5 billion. tomorrow i read "oh the places you'll go" to one class and it will probably take 2 hours what with all the sobbing and stuttering. i love my job. can i say that again? i LOVE my job. oh, and it's not so bad knowing that i'll be on summer vacation in a week.

bad: stress of a maymester grad class/finishing grading/posting grades/finding a home/finding a job/avoiding inevitable fate of living in a cardboard box. also, i DESPISE the following: people who try to "fix" me, liars, discovering secrets, drama (even when it doesn't involve me), uncertainty and the impending doom that is swimsuit season.


i recently realized that i always relate to the seemingly "messed up" characters in television/film. case in point: dr. yang from grey's anatomy. we react to everything in the same way. like when denny proposed to izzie, i rolled my eyes and gave tess the "you've got to be f-ing kidding me" look. if that's wrong, then i don't wanna be right.

2 Comments:

  • You won't have to live in a box. You're welcome to stay at my place if you need. Or if you really do prefer the outdoors experience then please borrow my tent, it's actually quite nice.

    Glad to hear that somebody out there likes their job. Gives me hope that quitting won't be futile.

    By Blogger Otis, at 10:59 PM  

  • um, i love you.

    and um, i would have something insightful to say, but you have achieved approximately 94% of the things i would like to accomplish with my life, which is fine, which also means youre much much wiser.

    and um, i love you.

    By Blogger jasembera, at 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home