tools of procrastination part 2

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

maaaaaad atchu

my kids are slowly finding out that i'm leaving. i didn't really intend for it to happen that way, but word has kind of leaked out. so now, every few classes i'll have a kid come up to me and ask me why i'm leaving and how i think i can do that to them and how are they going to come visit me next year??? my last period class today was the best. one of my favorite girls walked up to me in the hall before class and our conversation went like this

"miss mahan, i just want you to know i'm maaaaaaad atchu." (picture this with lots of attitude and neck motion)
"why?"
"because you think you can just leave us. you come all in here and make us do all this work and then just leave."
"awww, i'm sorry. where did you hear it?"
"it don't matter. just know i'm maaad atchu for leavin us. where you goin?"
"i'm moving to austin."


i won't bore you with the details of the rest of the conversation. but to paraphrase, she proceeded to tell me that i shouldn't be a follower and go where everyone else is (tess) and then the rest of my class joined in to tell me how mad they were at me. i promised i would cry the last day. a lot. so they know i love them.

makes me feel like i've done at least something right this year. sooooo incredibly adorable and they will be missed more than they can imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home