tools of procrastination part 2

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

oh to be tiny once more

although men in general aren't at the top of my list these days, a group of them is. i've fallen deeply, madly and passionately in love with the roots. you should as well. i purchased "home grown! the beginner's guide to understanding the roots" and it is phenomenal. last night my dad and i jammed out to it with a glass of wine (highly recommended).

in other news, tess and i decided we wish we were still in kindergarten. this decision is based mostly on the following story from my sister: today one of her students spat on another student in line. we're talking dripping spit. when asked why he did so, his response was (through tears) "i don't know, it seemed like a good idea." if only that excuse still worked for me, my life would be so much easier. and although i wish i was 5 years old again, i do not believe that i could ever teach those little monsters. every natural impulse in my body stands in direct opposition to what you are supposed to do while molding those little minds. take the aforementioned situation, for instance. my response would have gone something like "yeah, you're right. he does kind of suck. spit away."

1 Comments:

  • block party had the same effect on me. proud owner of "the roots" and "dead prez".

    By Blogger regan, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home