tools of procrastination part 2

Sunday, February 05, 2006

one wish

back from a trip to austin/cs that was entirely too brief. trips like that generally do a couple of things to me: make me really happy while i'm there and relatively bummed when i return. i got to spend time with a few of my favorite guys who i miss dearly. sometimes i think i grow too complacent about the distance separating me from them, but it only takes one trip to remember why i care for them so much.

on top of the lovely company, i got to spend a tiny amount of time in my favorite city. there's just something about austin that warms my heart. i'm really hoping that everything will work out and i'll be living there by june. but for now, i'm stuck back in a sometimes awkward situation in lubbock. the thing that will suck about leaving this place again is that tess won't be heading in the same direction. it's weird, but even after being apart for 5 years of college i still think this second goodbye will be extremely trying for me. it's so rare that we find others who can understand us so fully and love us so unconditionally. thankfully i know certain friendships will always stand steady through the trials life throws at us. all the same, it'd be so simple if i could just scoop up all the people i love and squish them into one pleasant little city. who knows, i may end up doing a few rounds of kidnapping to make my wishes come true. (you know who you are. don't say you haven't been warned)

so those are the things weighing on my mind while others gorge themselves on lard and professional football. that and the exam i have to finish writing for thursday.

last thing, a little movie recommendation for you. i suggest renting grizzly man. it's good for a laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home