tools of procrastination part 2

Sunday, November 27, 2005

jump for joy

tomorrow calls the end to a week of vacation. i won't lie, i thoroughly enjoyed my break. as a student you never realize that teachers look forward to time off from school just as much as, if not more than, students do. i spent my time off playing with the steady trickle of friends that poured into lubbock. i often get the feeling that my friends and i are weird in the way we all reunite at holiday time, but i like it. however, it still is funny when i run into people i was in no way expecting to see. a perfect example......

thursday night we made our way up to fox and hound knowing that because it was basically the only bar open in lubbock, we would surely see a plethora of lhs kids. i saddled up to the bar to order our drinks and glanced around for familiar faces. a guy a couple of people down from me smiled and said hello. i gave him an awkward smile/wave and immediately turned to tess. i knew i was supposed to know him and he looked slightly like a guy i dated right before my freshman year in college. we walked off, i racked my brain for a few minutes and then promptly forgot the incident.

when i was making my way back from potty break with tess the guy called my name and grabbed my arm. first thing out of his mouth: "sorry i was such an asshole." yep, most definitely matt. the last time i had seen him was 5 years ago when i was standing on his front porch listening to him tell me i should leave. i won't lie, it was very lovely that he felt enough remorse to apologize all these years later. however, i told him it was no big deal, that it was years behind us and simply walked off with a little more strut in my stride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home