tools of procrastination part 2

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

boy genius

i am so proud of my baby brother for so many reasons right now.

my brother goes to lubbock high, the same school that my sister and i attended. we always had our fair share of ghetto growing up thanks to the make up of the school. it's the kind of place where you know if you have a system and no alarm, it will get stolen. even if you do have an alarm, someone's probably still going to at least try to jack your stuff. my brother, of course, has (had) a kick ass system. today, it was stolen. he was parked in the front row of a school parking lot on a MAJOR street next to an empty handicapped spot and it was still stolen mid-morning. the campus cop was a doofus (e.g. told my brother that the shady character he sees hanging around the parking lot is a drug dealer, and drug dealers don't steal) but told my brother to keep his ears open. thankfully, my brother is down with the right crowd, if you know what i mean. by 8:30 tonight, he knew who took his system, where they live and what their basic criminal record was. he was also running a sting operation, having one of his friends try to buy it off the guy. he's also been in contact with his girlfriend's father, the police officer. what a little bad ass.

even more than that, my mom told me that the football coaches told my brother, my brotha* and one of their friends that they are the moral leaders for their team. that makes my heart warm. my brother and brotha are doing great academically and behaviorally while working their butts off on the field. WHAT GOOD KIDS!


*my brotha is my new honorary sibling. my brother's friend, d'vonic, moved in with my parents in august. he'd lived with his grandmother since the age of 3 and sadly she passed away this june. both of his parents are alive and well, but they simply do not want to care for him. he was already like a family member to my parents, so they readily offered to take him in. he is one of the sweetest, most polite, hard working, good natured, respectful, intelligent and talented children to grace this planet. i'm so proud to call him family now.

1 Comments:

  • there were definite times in my life when i wished that my parents would take a friend or two of my friends in, or someone from a orphanage. i felt that we could help them out. how freaking cool that your family is doing that right now.

    By Blogger jasembera, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home