tools of procrastination part 2

Monday, October 03, 2005

i suck

at blogging, but my kids suck at writing....so it all evens out. last week was probably the hardest week of my long and industrious teaching career. i went through some incredibly emotional stuff with kids and parents and then spent the weekend worrying about one kid in particular. i think the hardest thing for me to accept is the fact that i can't fix my students' problems, whatever they may be. this job is lovely and horrendous all at once. and yes, i do realize that i talk about it entirely too much.

in other non-school related news: i spent the weekend discovering that everyone who is my age in lubbock is in law school. tess and i also had an impromptu junior high reunion saturday night. those happen entirely too often here.

sunday i lost 1/3 of my friends in lubbock. joel sold out and moved to dallas. i'm quite afraid that every single person i know will live in that town in about 2.34 years. you suckers will have to come visit me in austin.

off to grade a bajillion papers and get ready for my communism simulation tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home