tools of procrastination part 2

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

single and content

I stopped waiting for Mr. Right to come along, and started to live as though I planned to stay single forever. For the first time I understood that I was a free woman, that I could live as I chose, be whoever I wanted to become. I hadn't stopped liking men: I had just stopped needing to have one of my very own in order to feel complete.


i don't dislike being single. sure, from time to time i miss having a boyfriend, but it's not something i dwell on. it took me years to realize, but the sinlge life is a gift from God. it's time i get to spend working out my kinks....which there are a ton of.

besides that, i really don't see what's so awful about being alone. i like me, and that's a good thing considering i'm stuck with myself forever. i have a wonderful life with amazing people in it. i don't have to wait for a man to be the source of my happiness. no more living my life in anticipation of that one event, i just focus on making it the best i can. if at some point a man fits into that plan, then so be it.

the possibility of living my entire life as a single woman becomes less and less scary every day.

3 Comments:

  • i didn't see oprah, but i could've told you that.

    By Blogger martha, at 4:02 PM  

  • Everyone has their kinks, save none. We can only make the best of our situation. Stay strong.

    By Blogger John, at 11:24 PM  

  • If a man is the center of your happiness, then you will never truly be happy. Keep living strong, and I am glad to hear that you are content with yourself, cause she is a great person.

    By Blogger Otis, at 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home