tools of procrastination part 2

Thursday, May 24, 2007

i'm going to disneyland

this has been one of the best weeks ever. i'm thinking about calling vh1. my incredibly amazing and brilliant friends helped me celebrate my 25th on saturday. all i wanted for a party was to cook for them all, drink some wine, play games and yes, have a sleepover. little did i know that i really wanted customized shirts for all of us to wear. mine said "hail martha" and had a crown on it. others had pictures of me and said "marfapalooza" and "viva la martha" and other things that aren't appropriate for the general public to read. after dinner we played apples to apples and then went to my new favorite bar. callie and orly rounded out the usual austin crew and plenty of blackmail worthy pictures were taken. i woke up to a floor covered in confetti and egg shells and my friends slumbering - the sign of a good party.

monday i interviewed with two schools. wednesday i went back for a second interview with one. later that day they called to offer me a position teaching 7th grade english. i cannot express in words or thoughts how happy i am to be able to say that i am again a teacher. i miss having kids and challenging their little minds to grow. my school will definitely be a challenge because it's probably one of the toughest in austin. those are the kids i love and connect with the best though, so i'm sure i'll adore it all. i also get to real, grown up adoclescent literacy training in san antonio for just under a week in june. by the end of next school year, i'll be a super human teacher. you just wait. tomorrow, i get to go home and see my dad's side of the family and watch my baby cousin graduate from high school. man i'm old. it's been such a happy week, that i don't really care that i'm getting sick and my sinuses could combust at any moment.

3 Comments:

  • congratulations, pumpkin! and happy belated bday.

    By Blogger Diane, at 3:08 PM  

  • congrats on the job! you can hang with my little sister in san antonio. fun?!

    your birthday was awesome, grandma.


    -O

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 AM  

  • I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT ANOTHER TEACHING JOB.

    praise. be.

    i love and miss you very much, woman. can we talk on the on the phone soon please?

    By Blogger jasembera, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home