tools of procrastination part 2

Thursday, February 10, 2005

impressions

i stood there laughing to myself. i've been there before, and i'm sure i will be there sometime again. dressed to the nines, making insignificant changes in makeup in order to draw the attention of some man, any man. but tonight, it was just me - tattered jeans, tshirt, track jacket and flip flops. the eyes were searching, measuring me by the clothes i wore. 'she isn't even wearing any eye makeup'. none of it matters though, i'm not out to snag some sweet action. i'm not looking for the love of my life in a bar. out to celebrate a last night with an amazing friend, i was only looking for what i came with.

so at the end of the night, i just come home to the sanctuary of my room, my music, my peaceful life and remember why i've removed myself from that world. i'd like to say those looks didn't affect me, but i'm writing a post about it. so yes, when those girls look down on me, it bothers me. not because of what they think of me, but because of what they must think of themselves.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home