tools of procrastination part 2

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

there's a little kink in my music

you know how you can just zone out sometimes when listening to music? especially when it serves as a background for some more important task, like let's say, writing a paper about a cheech marin movie. yeah, so i've had one of those kind of songs on my winamp for months now. normally i'm really good at picking up on lyrics and meanings of songs. hell, i'm so freaking obsessive about my music that i learn most songs within a day or two. but tonight i had a rude awakening when i actually caught the opening lines to this masterpiece of acoustic goodness. the guitar gently sang out in lullaby-like fashion and the sweet serenade of masculine voice began......

"the milk from your breast is on my lips". this may not sound so risque to some of you, and for that i shame you. well maybe not shame, but at least cast suspicious glances in your general direction. that and never let you near my offspring. i'm no prude, but i'm just not into the whole oedipal thing. (yes, i just set myself up for that one, but let's be creative here boys, no obvious jokes.) i will not however share the title or artist of the aforementioned song on the hallowed ground that is my little piece of the internet. all of you filthy bastards would only taint the beauty of the song by using it for it's dirty words.

2 Comments:

  • Here's my guess, it's from the song
    "The Sea and the Rhythm"
    by Iron and Wine

    And the Lyrics are as follows:

    Tonight we're the sea and the salty breeze
    The milk from your breast is on my lips
    And lovely your words from your mouth to me
    And salty my sweat and fingertips
    My hands they seek the end of afternoon
    My hands believe and move over you
    Tonight we're the sea and the rhythm there
    The waves and the wind; the night is black
    Tonight we're the scent of your long black hair
    Spread out like your breath across my back
    Your hands they move like waves over me
    Beneath the moon tonight, we're the sea

    Maybe it's his wife who just had a baby, and they're making love on the beach. It doesn't have to be durty.

    By Blogger Otis, at 7:32 AM  

  • so much for keeping it quiet. thanks otis.

    By Blogger martha, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home